----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin van Spaandonk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:BLP Replication

<snip>

I am somewhat confused by the Rowan report. To start with they fail to mention
how much Na (&/or NaOH) was used in either cell.
They fail to explain where the Al in reaction 2 on page 10 comes from.
In short, I would have expected a full analysis to have specified *exactly*
which chemicals and how much of each went into a heat producing cell (including the amount of Hydrogen), and also what was left at the end of the run. That way readers would be free to do their own calculations, rather than relying on the
expertise of the Rowan chemistry department, and their judgment of which
reactions took place (or could have taken place).

MC: The Rowan report could be more detailed, in view of the importance of it. The important thing is that they used the BLP process and were able to get heat yields of the same magnitude. The report presupposes familiarity with the "Commercializable...." paper available on the website. Al is a residual element in the creation of Reynal-Ni. Why it is important is not clear to me. Mills has stated specifically that the only consumeable in the reaction cycle is hydrogen; all other elements are recovered and reused. Exactly how this is done is not clear to me from any report I have seen.

Until one has made an effort to study the "Commercializable..." report, I think it pointless to speculate on what "really" happens.

Furthermore, given the nature of the purported reactions, I would have expected an accounting of just how much "unexplained substance" (Hydrino chemicals) was
present at the end.

MC: The refrenced paper specifies that H[1/3] is the primary reaction product, with H[1/4] produced with available H in a secondary reaction. Once the hydrinos are produced, complex catalytic reactions can continue. I have not seen any studies of these.

However, all that having been said, if we assume that there was indeed excess heat, inexplicable by means of ordinary chemistry, then apart from the nuclear
reactions mentioned by Jones, here are a couple of others:

MC: Why speculated about nuclear reactions when hydrinos have been isolated and chjaracterized by BLP?

Mike Carrell