Hi Robin,

> According to Randy, the NaH decomposes directly in Na+++ + H[1/3] + 3e- .

LOL !!

> In going from H[1] to H[1/3] the H requires an energy hole of 54.4. eV. This
> is
the sum of the first and second ionization energies of Na  (5.1391 eV & 47.286
eV resp.) and the energy required to break NaH into atoms (about 1.98 eV).

OK - Here is why that cannot happen. The energy required to break the two into
atoms could never result (very low statistical probability) in the H becoming
un-ionized while at the same time staying very close by (geometric proximity),
while at the exact instant 3 electrons are removed from the sodium. Bizarre.

This would be almost laughable if there were not real proof of an anomaly -
which there is. Does the anomaly validate the 'shoehorning' and make the
bizarre mechanism correct? Possible but doubtful.

Which is why I will repeat once again, that the energy anomaly is there -yes-
but is extremely unlikely to be related to this exact mechanism; and possibly
is more likely IMHO to be related to LENR in some way, since for a dozen or
more years on the LENR side, excess energy has been seen with protium+nickel
(not this huge of an anomaly but still there).

As Ed concludes, we really do not have a workable theory, but it is clear that
nanoparticles are very useful and this may be outside of CQM altogether.

Please Rowan U, if you are listenting - turn this over to some energetic grad
students and test the residue for everything - esp magnesium, copper, helium,
etc - and if you cannot tell Randy the results - at least tell me or Robin what
you find !

Jones