To:
Robin van Spaandonk
Jones Beene
Ed Storms
Scott Little
[and lurkers]

This has been a very useful discussion. If you have not done so, I recommend downloading http://www.blacklightpower.com/papers/WFC102308WebS.pdf and printing pages 10-14 and 48. Figure 7 on p48 is a scan of NaH using Differential Scanning Clorimetry. It is most instructive. At 350 C there is endothermic decompoisition of NaH. Beginning at 640 C is a very strong exothermic reaction, which I think is conventionally unexpected. The NaH was in 760 Torr He.

The reactions involved in the test cell are complex, and discussed on pp 10-12, equations 23-35. The next-to-bottom paragraph of p11 is specially interesting.

NaH apparently qulaifies as a catalyst because heating can intiate a reaction resulting in H[1/3] which is a hydrino catalyst. It still is not clear to me where the 54.35 eV for ionizing Na to catalyze H comes from. However, the exothermic reaction of Fig 7 stands as an experimental fact which must be dealt with. There is a lot going on here, which is why I suggest study of this paper. The magnitude of the energy release and power exceeds all LENR experiments [except possibly accidents, which are not repeatable].

Mike Carrell