----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Fink" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 6:25 PM
Subject: RE: RE: RE: [Vo]:Colin Powell and Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan

<snip>
Indonesia is becoming a very dangerous place for Christians.  I have
missionary acquaintances who have done jail time there for talking about
Jesus. I won't say if they are Americans or Indonesians since I don't want
to put any of them in further danger.

OK, Jeff, but there was a time in Catholic-dominated Europe when it was dangerous to be a Jew. In the '30s anti-semitism was preached from pulpits in Poland and the Vatican said prayers for the "perfidious Jews". It took decades before Pope John Paul offered formal aplology. Islam was once the resivoir of learning during the Dark Ages in Europe, as was Celtic Ireland. And it was a fleet of ships from China that ignited the Renaissance in Europe in 1434. History is much more complex that what is taught in schools.

Mike Carrell

Jeff

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by Medford Leas I.T. Department.