Ahem, there seems to be a less heavenly explanation to those cloud structures:

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060515/full/news060515-17.html :

<<Geometric whirlpools revealed
Recipe for making symmetrical holes in water is easy.
Bizarre geometric shapes that appear at the centre of swirling
vortices in planetary atmospheres might be explained by a simple
experiment with a bucket of water.

Researchers at the Technical University of Denmark in Lyngby have
created similar geometric shapes (holes in the form of stars, squares,
pentagons and hexagons) in whirlpools of water in a cylindrical
bucket.>>

Michel