Although it is a good bet that Richard offered this bit of hidden knowledge
'tongue-in-cheek' - perhaps as the start of a dime-box sucker-bet, so to
speak...

... there is literal truth to it (in vino veritas?) ... so be glad I saved you
a few bucks for the next round of shots - with the following whiskey-talk ...
OTOH does the dime-box open this early?

The positive charge is almost always identified figuratively as an electron
"hole" and what "hidden" particle in nature always acts as an electron hole?

BTW if you said "positive ion" - instead of positron - my conclusion is still
the same: the +ion is positive because it has an attached "real" positron. This
particle however is normally neutral and unseen to us.

All of this semantics duality - which is inherent in the fact that a figurative
"hole" can be a real particle - can be resolved by looking at, or specifically
"for" the "interface" which is the thin-line or boundary between 3-space and
reciprocal space.

This is the space where positrons can emerge from normal-neutrality (from our
perspective) so to speak, and hang out with impunity, like on a teetering
bar-stool, and not fall fully into forbidden-zone of 3-space (where all the
crazies live)...

Jones

From: R C Macaulay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Does it really matter? Positrons are actually neutrons since the positive
pole of a battery is actually the negative when you think about it.
Richard