Alrighty then...   [images of Jim Carey and a weird hairdoo]

I think it'd be great if this worked!  Here's a guy who, although taking alot
of college science
classes still doesn't have a degree and no funding, and comes up with a very
elegent and simple
solution...

And if you dismiss him outright because he doesn't have a degree, shame on
you!!!!
Frankly, I think this guy would fit right in at the dime box saloon...

Some of the article is below, rest can be seen here:

HYPERLINK
"http://www.physorg.com/news148887530.html"http://www.physorg.com/news148887530.html

-Mark

Inventor's 'refrigeration system' for planet shows promise

In the seclusion of his Maryland home, Ace has spent three years glued to the
Internet, studying the
Earth's climate cycles and careening from one epiphany to another - a
69-year-old loner with the
moxie to try to solve one of the greatest threats to mankind.

Now, backed by a computer model, the little-known inventor is making public a
U.S. patent petition
for what he calls the most "practical, nontoxic, affordable, rapidly
achievable" and beneficial way
to curb global warming and a resulting catastrophic ocean rise.

Spray gigatons of seawater into the air, mainly in the Northern Hemisphere, and
let Mother Nature do
the rest, he says.

The evaporating water, Ace said, would cool the Earth in multiple ways: First,
the sprayed droplets
would transform to water vapor, a change that absorbs thermal energy near
ground level; then the
rising vapor would condense into sunlight-reflecting clouds and cooling rain,
releasing much of the
stored energy into space in the form of infrared radiation.

McClatchy Newspapers has followed Ace's work for three years and obtained a
copy of his 2007 patent
petition for what he calls "a colossal refrigeration system with a 100,000-fold
performance
multiplier."

"The Earth has a giant air-conditioning problem," he said. "I'm proposing to
put a thermostat on the
planet."

Although it might sound preposterous, a computer model run by an
internationally known global
warming scientist suggests that Ace's giant humidifier might just work.

Kenneth Caldeira, a climate scientist at the Carnegie Institution's Department
of Global Ecology at
Stanford University, roughly simulated Ace's idea in recent months on a model
that's used
extensively by top scientists to study global warming.

The simulated evaporation of about one-half inch of additional water everywhere
in the world
produced immediate planetary cooling effects that were projected to reach
nearly 1 degree Fahrenheit
within 20 or 30 years, Caldeira said.

"In the computer simulation, evaporating water was almost as effective as
directly transferring ...
energy to space, which was surprising to me," he said.

Ace said that the cooling effect would be several times greater if the model
were refined to spray
the same amount of seawater at strategic locations.

[article continues...]

Checked by AVG.
10:09 AM