thomas malloy wrote:

And if you believe that, you will also believe that Martin Fleischmann, Stanley Pons, Ed Storms, Mike McKubre and ~2,000 professional scientists are engaged in a massive deception to convince the world that cold fusion is real by publishing fake data.

Non sequitur

Not at all, but I did not explain what I meant as clearly as Stephen A. Lawrence did:

"Now if these stories are all a fabric of lies, please try to count up
how many people must be involved in the conspiracy to make this fabric
hold together.

"Two people can keep a secret ... if one of them is dead"

We're talking more like 20,000 people in the conspiracy, though, not
just two."

The 20,000 people is for global warming. For cold fusion you would have to enlist ~2,000 people in the conspiracy, and you have to swear them to scientific omerta.

I know a large fraction of those ~2,000 people personally I assure you they would not keep secret what's for lunch in an hour, never mind an important secret for 20 years. I personally have been booted off of more than one discussion group because I keep no secrets. If I had any inkling that cold fusion data is fake, I would be the first to blab about it.

The notion that thousands of climate experts are engaged in a massive fraud is preposterous beyond words. It is conceivable that they are wrong, but absolutely, positively out of the question that they are engaged in fraud or that Albert Gore (of all people!) is masterminding them.