Note: I replied to this initially believing I was replying to a list I
joined for the Gray conversion tube, so it's slanted in that direction.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Michel Jullian <michelj...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Looks like a load of BS to me. Ask him to demonstrate his on-demand
> lightning strike routine to you, but don't hold your breath until he
> does :)

Well,  that part may be provable.

You see he reported telling some branch of local government about his
invention and he wrote so many letters they finally built it and then there
was some incredible number of lightening strikes reported to hit the
building in the newspaper.

I believe this could be reasonably confirmed, I think it was in Canada?

But Stiffler did replicate the experiment on a small scale and got the other
reported effects.

And in the patent on which JLN appears as co-inventor they claimed success.

And There is the Pavel patent with the same concept the claims minus
lightening strike.

And then it would make more sense of Edwins conversion tube than any other
theory as argued above, any theory that has the grid acting as a collector
which is the popular theory fails to make any sense of the wide spacing of
the "collector" wires or the capacitor and transformer in series with the
grid.

And finally while it isn't enough to be sure but it would make a lot of
sense of the "Swiss ML" device and quotes that Paul Baumann gives than any
other theory I have heard.

That and it is well known that the arcs from Tesla coils and various other
disruptive discharges project electrons around the area in a radiative
fashion that can't be explained by ion wind, that fact alone should be
enough to come to the same conclusion even if you had not come across
Hiddink's claim.

With the Edwin's tube for instance it isn't worth questioning that electrons
are leaving the center electrode/carbon/arc as all the theories so far say
they do, merely whether energy is made by the electrons leaving and
therefore changing the capacity of the grid, or by the grid collecting the
charges.  It would without question be possible to recover energy either way
(or both) but IMO it seems to be designed to do the former and avoid the
latter.

> Removal of the outside sphere in a spherical capacitor is not
> complicated BTW, just do it by bits. Only beware it takes work
> (energy) to pull the opposite charges of a capacitor apart.

Indeed, but the work in this case is provided for by the collapsing plasma
which appears to be a free effect that we don't need to pay for.