Chris Zell wrote:
> It ain't the friction what does it.  It's the cavitation.

I realize it's not actually friction.  But as regards the expected end
result, the difference doesn't matter.

Thermodynamically, they're the same thing -- you abuse the substance
mechanically, and its molecules end up bouncing around faster.  I.e.,
you squish, rub, pound, twist, stretch, or bounce it, and it gets hot.

It's a fundamentally simple situation, and energy-in = energy-out, or so
one would certainly expect.

Unless the cavitation is causing some (irreversible) chemical or nuclear
reaction, it has no more business producing a COP>1.0 than just rubbing
two sticks together has.

So, the point is, if it's OU, that's big news.