>From Terry:

> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/i-have-been-abducted-by-aliens-says-japans-first-lady-1780888.html

Yukido Hatoyama sez:

"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped
UFO and went to Venus," she explains in the tome she published last
year. "It was a very beautiful place, and it was very green."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I could say something snarky about Hatoyama's experiences, and no
doubt many will and are, but that would be a disservice. While many
UFO abduction researchers might vehemently disagree with what I'm
about to suggest, Hatoyama's dreams (probably those of a lucid dream
nature) reveal classic "abduction" experiences. Such experiences and
the underlying content, IMO, will be interpreted differently depending
on one's educational & cultural background, and emotional integrity.
(As Hatoyama states, she viewed Venus as a wonderful very "green"
place. That should be a dead giveaway that we are witnessing a blatant
personal interpretation.)

Granted, abduction researchers like Hopkins and Jacobs have compiled
extensive accounts on abduction experiences that seem to point to the
disquieting fact that many abductees experience the same "abduction"
environment, where they encounter the same kinds of individuals
(aliens), and/or perceive the same "tools of the trade". But then,
there are other "abduction" accounts, like those of Hatoyama's which
seem utterly devoid of any realistic-like reality that I suspect most
UFO researchers would immediately conclude it would be in their best
interest to dismiss them as not valid.

And there's the rub. While UFO investigators are trying their best to
honorably investigate a difficult phenomenon, both scientifically and
objectively, how accurate can such compilations be if they arbitrarily
chose what to include as a "valid" UFO abduction accounts versus what
they might consider to be obviously "invalid" experiences/encounters?
FWIW, this is one of the reasons why I tend to take abduction
accounts, such as those compiled by Hopkins and Jacobs as having
probably been filtered somewhat.

What I think is more important is the experience itself - what kind of
an emotional/intellectual impact it is having on the experiencer,
regardless of what costume the players are currently decked out in.
Trying to prove scientifically that these experiences are "real"
misses the point. They are real to the experiencer. In the end that's
all that really matters.

The rest of us can chose to dismiss such accounts and experiences as
being ridiculous or as nothing more than harmless psychological
aberrations... but I think we do so at our own loss.

I suspect if Jung were alive today, he would find that significant
portions of the abduction phenomenon would fit in quite well with his
understanding of the Collective Unconscious. That is NOT to be taken
as an insult to those experiencing these experiences.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks