Please bring this century old debate to completion?

Can someone give a short status update on what different people think?
Please, I am interested but cannot read all of it. 10-15 years ago I was
really into this and then I dropped out. Seems like an endless debate.

David

David Jonsson, Sweden, phone callto:+46703000370