Hi,
[snip]
>I wrote: "On top of the possibility of a K40-D2O-gamma chain
>reaction, there is the possibility of an acoustic resonance induced
>cavitation augmentation of that reaction.  Cavitation, especially,
>multi-bubble cavitation seeded by gamma tracks,  could involve
>various elements in proton sonofusion, including iron."
>
>That should have been: "On top of the possibility of a K40-D2O-gamma
>chain reaction, there is the possibility of an acoustic resonance
>induced cavitation augmentation of that reaction.  Cavitation,
>especially, multi-bubble cavitation seeded by particle tracks, could
>involve various elements in proton sonofusion, including iron."

..while gamma-rays as such may not leave tracks, they can ionize atoms resulting
in energetic electrons, which in turn can leave tracks.

(AFAIK gamma energy is usually either not absorbed by an atom at all, or it is
absorbed all in one go resulting in an energetic electron. Tracks OTOH result
from partial absorption of the energy of a fast particle, causing ionization,
which particle then goes on to further ionize other atoms along it's path,
resulting in a track.)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html