2009/10/26 Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net>:
> ...you are willing to sell
> something that not even the fringe physics/chemistry population
constituting
> experts in the CF field agree to as demonstrative....This could of course,
at
> minimum, be damaging to the field.
> What is missing is a single utterly
> convincing experiment that is readily replicated. No such experiment yet
> exists as far as I know, even as accepted by the community.

So you're effectively saying that selling ANY Cold Fusion demo kit today
would be damaging to the field, right? I don't see why, as long as it is not
claimed that the kits constitute a proof of CF reality.
> In regards to the Galileo protocol, I again suggest you read:
>
> http://www.earthtech.org/CR39/index.html

I don't know if he has read them but I pointed Abd to the Earthtech results
too, very early on. Not because they disprove the nuclear origin of the
SPAWAR pits, which they don't c.f. their conclusions, but because they
demonstrate that some variants of the Galileo protocol, including
considerably simpler and faster and cheaper ones(*), do produce such pits,
which I thought was highly relevant in the context of a commercial kit
project.

Michel

(*) notably this one (simpler: constant current, faster: 2 days, cheaper: Ag
cathode wire and light water): http://www.earthtech.org/CR39/5/report5.htm

<http://www.earthtech.org/CR39/5/report5.htm> <<    Experiment *5 - 100mA
Light Water*

 *Cell:*

   - Cathode:  3.5 cm of exposed 0.25mm Ag wire as close as possible to 1 cm
   x 2 cm Landauer CR-39 chip.
   - Anode:  Approximately 5 cm of 0.5 mm Pt wire with Pt screen spot welded
   on end
   - *NO* magnets

 *Electrolyte:*

   - 30 gm *H2O* + 0.42 gm LiCl + *0.044 gm* PdCl2

* Procedure:*

   -

   100 mA for 48 hours  >>