On Oct 27, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

If anyone is already set up and running codeposition or other LENR expriments, and would like to try using LR-115, I can provide small quantities of fresh material at a reasonable price, contact me. You can buy the material directly from France, if anyone wants to buy it in the minimum order, which is 25 9x12 cm sheets of 6 micron red cellulose acetate on 100 microns of clear polyester, I paid about $350, all things considered, for the package delivered to me. I also have some Boron-10 neutron converter screen which will convert thermal and epithermal neutrons to alpha radiation.

What are your prices?

It may be useful to test or calibrate your LR-115 with known particle sources before employing it in actual CF experiments. It appears to be used for fairly high energy particles and/or massive particles, like radon and thoron measurement. It might be good to check it out against a proton source.

Do you have an intended protocol for developing LR-115?

Just some misc. notes follow.

LR-115 general information and instructions for use:

http://pagespro-orange.fr/dosirad/Notice%20LR115-A.htm

Looks like the etching protocol is somewhat similar to CR-39, even though LR-115 is cellulose nitrate based.

It appears stirring has a significant effect (2 x) on etch rate:

http://www.cityu.edu.hk/ap/nru/pub_j79.pdf

Side note: utlrasonics might be used to increase development time.

Humidity has a 20% effect on track diameter and also affects etch rate:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3554027

Probably not good to put it into water.

LR-115 has some interesting but probably not important sensitivities (dielectric constant, conductivity, glass transition temperature) to gamma radiation:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/104064351/abstract? CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

The fact it has conductivity makes it possibly useful for HV field bias experiments - right up close to the action.

Sensitivity of CR-39 and LR-144 differs:

http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.biblio.jsp? osti_id=5549887#at

It is of possible interest that Makrofol polycarbonate film is used for light ion detection in a similar manner:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science? _ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TVS-3YF44MN-3&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search& _sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1067056757&_rerunOrigin=google&_ acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=fabb46ccecdcc1ab 514d2e57c0e9ce85

http://tinyurl.com/yfewrfs

but Markrofol development can be complicated:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=2382448

Markrofol is useful for detection of neutrons and 0.5 MeV - 4 MeV alphas:

http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/34/1-4/25

Available at:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Makrofol+film +price&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://tinyurl.com/ylpcurg

It is not so cheap either.

Thin films can be prepared by dissolving Markrofol in chloroform.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/