At 07:49 PM 10/27/2009, Terry Blanton wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
<a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> Looking at the Earthtech attempted SPAWAR replication,

You might search the archives for the term "Little Effect" and find
enlightenment.

The vortex archive seems to have gone down the whirlpool, doesn't work as expected. Googling found one or two references to the "Little Effect," all right, but nothing that was much use to me. So they have some reputation for botched replications. They do seem to have done this one close, but there are a zillion ways to do it wrong, and only a few to do it right. Some small variations will be harmless, some not. The biggest thing I've found was using half the PdCl of the SPAWAR protocol, but a cathode either about the same size (in the supposed exact replication) or much larger (in others.) They put epoxy in some of the cells, and it does not appear to have been stable. They used old CR-39, which may have had some effect, though that shouldn't have been fatal. Biggest problem I see was in their analysis.

They only did one run, one cell, that they claim as Galileo Protocol, plain and simple, though they did some other cells that are apparently extended or modified GP as hinted by Krivit existed but not described.

Krivit put together this group, then apparently dropped the project, proclaiming it done. What happened to the mailing list? I should really write Kowalski, eh? ...