Some of you may have been debating whether to get the vaccine or not.

Here are a couple of personal observations...

 -- They say it's not very deadly.  Well, I guess it's not, we're all
still alive here.

 -- They say it's not usually very serious.  Well, I guess it's not; the
number of days when it knocks you right over flat on your back in bed
seems to be smaller than what I recall other flues doing.  Most of the
time you've got it you get to join the ranks of the Walking Wounded.

 -- They say it may stick around a little longer than usual...  and hey,
man, they are right!

This is the Energizer Bunny of flues.  As members of the Early Adopters
program, we received our cases by aerial delivery (Achoo!) quite some
time before the vaccine appeared on store shelves in our town, and it's
still going strong.

They also say it may have an unusual tendency to bring along secondary
infections "for the ride", like, for instance, eye infections.  And I
have to say, they're right again.  (Ouch.)

All in all, if this was developed in a black lab somewhere (*Woof!* --
er, no, I mean a clandestine laboratory), said lab being packed with
evil scientists engaging in depraved experiments with recombinant virus
fragments, then those scientists are not out to destroy the world.  No,
indeed.  They are sadists:  They are simply determined to make the world
*miserable*.

And now I shall go back to Saying Nothing, probably for at least another
few days, or until we're all over this Thing here.