Steven Vincent Johnson sez:

>Jed,
>
> You might enjoy the following article from Times OnLine:
>
> "Scientists grow pork meat in a laboratory"
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6936352.ece
> http://tinyurl.com/ycq7w86

Oh dear! I just HAVE to share one of the comments made by a disgruntled reader:

Luis Dos Santos wrote:

---

Being grown on a dish does not remove it from it's biological origins
having been acquired from an animal... Metaphysically will continue to
be an extension of the donor, and give for very warped outcomes in
post biological existence/after life.

There is more to our actions than the apparent immediate infliction of
pain, suffering, and terror... The entanglement of our conscience,
ourselves in Eternal Time, and of those we have taken upon to abuse.
This Frankenstein programs have no acceptability to genuine Animal
Welfare organizations, nor any a Vegan Conscience, but feel good cash
and carry deceptions like PETA created for no more than the
continuance of the beastly status quo humanity finds itself in.

The Original Crime, the Cardinal error, of our forefathers perpetuated
over and over and over in growing blind ignorance claiming knowledge
only too defective and short on understanding.

---

As you can see, there is likely to be some resistance (including
metaphysical ones) to the notion of eating "meat" protein grown in a
test tube. Nevertheless, I agree with Jed in the sense that this new
form of protein farming is coming. In the past I have debated Jed on
whether they would ever be able to get it to taste as authentic as
"bush meat", but who knows. Maybe Jed is right, and they eventually
will. In any case, the technology is inevitable, and it's probably a
good thing.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com