On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Jeff Fink <rev...@ptd.net>
wrote:

THE GLOBAL WARMING SCAM

11-24-09

There is interesting news as a result of leaked e-mails.

Terry wrote:

Actually, I believe they were hacked.

Jeff Fink wrote:

There is interesting news as a result of leaked e-mails. It
shows that the scientists who have been pushing the man
made global warming agenda have been suppressing and
altering data.

-----------

Hi All,       12-2-09

Enclosed below is some Cycles info which you may find
interesting.

Jack Smith

-----------

A 2000-YEAR GLOBAL TEMPERATURE RECONSTRUCTION BASED ON
NON-TREERING PROXIES

Posted by: "Ray Tomes" r...@tomes.biz rjtomes

Date: Tue Dec 1, 2009 2:17 pm ((PST))

Tree ring proxies for cliamet have a number of series
problems when looking at long term trends in climate
(details in the paper), so Craig Loehle set out to make
a non-tree-ring record for the last 2000 years using 18
series from around the world.

A 2000-YEAR GLOBAL TEMPERATURE RECONSTRUCTION BASED ON
NON-TREERING PROXIES by Craig Loehle Reprinted from ENERGY
& ENVIRONMENT VOLUME 18 No. 7+8 2007

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/Loehle-2000-year-n\on-treering-temp-reconstruction-Energy-and-Environment.pdf

see also

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2008/02/11/a-2000-yea\r-global-temperature-record/

This data is very important as it bypasses all the problems
of tree rings as well as the problems of human records
(urban encroachment and fiddled data etc). The teperature
curve shows the historically known fluctuations much
more clearly - the medieval warming and the cold period
following that and before the more recent rise.

There is evidently one very long cycle-looking wave that
take the full 2000 years to run one cycle. That would
probably be the 2300 year cycle which I posted about
recently. There can also be seen a cycle of about 200 years
which is the de Vries cycle, as well as an indication of
a shorter cycle of around 50 to 60 years.  These are all
known cycles from longer climate records.

There will be no shorter cycles than that in the data
because a 30 year smoothing was done (unfortunately).

It is my intention to try to establish the phase of
these most important cycles from this record as well as
to build a regression model that includes these main well
established climate cycles plus some index of human carbon
burning so that the regression equation can work out the
correct proportion of human and natural cycles in the
cause of the fluctuations.

My plan is to look for global consumption of coal and oil
as a reasonable approximation of human activity. Of course
forest burning and other activities may well be important
also, but I am not sure whether data is available on
this. Any suggestions on data sources for such material
is most welcome.

It does look to me like there is a significant human effect
because the recent rise is a bit sharper than the general
slope of the 2300 year cycle, perhaps 0.2 degrees or so.

------------

Date: Tue Dec 1, 2009 4:07 pm ((PST))

I wrote: It is my intention to try to establish the phase
of these most important cycles ...

The de Vries cycle period is found by analysis of this
temperature series to be 204.4 years. Given that there are
almost 10 full cycles of this cycle present in the data,
the period is probably accurate to a few years. This
is consistent with other determinations of the cycle
period. The phase is the important thing - the best fit
to the data gives a peak in 1781 and therefore the next
peak is around 1985-6.

Because of the smoothing used the data actually stops
at 1980. It is generally recognized that the 1990s were
the warmest decade in recent centuries, so that all
fits together in a meaningful way. It also means that
the de Vries temperature cycle will be causing falling
temperatures until a trough around 2088.

The longer cycle in the data is best fitted by a 1625 year
cycle, but that means very little when we have only one
cycle of the data. It is better to use the known 2300 year
period of the Hallstadtzeit climate cycle (See my post of
cycle" for a graph of 10,000 years of this cycle.).

Using the 2300 year period the phase of the cycle is
determined as being at a maximum in about 707 AD and a
minimum in about 1857 AD. This entirely disagrees with
that previous post which shows a minimum 1500 years ago
(500 AD) when the later data is very near maximum. This
is very frustrating.

We do know that the medieval maximum was around 900 AD or
so  and a minimum at about 1600 AD. Of course these are
only 700 years ago which is significantly less than half
of a 2300 year cycle. So the phase of the 2300 year cycle
must be considered somewhat unsure, but it does appear
to be still rising. More work needs to be done here to
explain why these two temperature graphs are so seriously
out of phase for the 2300 year cycle.

There is a cycle of about 50 years running through the
entire temperature series that allows each individual cycle
to be identified. Maxima can be identified at intervals
averaging 50 years but in many cases the cycle varies from
40 to 60 years or even a little beyond.

A Fourier analysis shows a complex series of peaks so
that no single period fits the data well. We could say
that this cycle does not have a perfectly regular rhythm
or fixed phase. However the most recent peaks do lead to
expecting the most recent peak to have been at around 1993
(remember the data stops at 1980 due to smoothing) which
again is in accord with the facts including the two recent
peaks and troughs. So based on this cycle the next trough
will be around 2018 and the following peak around 2043 +/-
possibly as much as 10 years.

With the 200 and 50 year cycles considered together, we
could expect a combined low in the vicinity 2093 before
both cycles turn up. Of course this takes no account
of human effects that might be present in the recent
record. However we can say that whatever heating is due to
humans, it will be considereably softened by nature until
2093 but that after that date the two will add together
to cause general heating for the following 100 years.

----------

405,000 years and 2.2 million years cycles in Earth's
orbital parame

Posted by: "Ray Tomes" r...@tomes.biz rjtomes

Date: Tue Dec 1, 2009 8:22 pm ((PST))

I have previously mentioned the 405,000 year cycle in the
Earth's orbital eccentricity is so steady that it has been
adopted as a basis for measuring geological cycles:

A new astronomical solution for the calibration of a
geological time scale:

A team led by Jacques Laskar, from IMCCE/CNRS and Paris
Observatory has released a new solution for the long
term evolution of the orbital and rotational motion of
the Earth.  Using Milankovitch paleoclimate cycles, this
solution has already been used as a reference time scale
for the calibration of the sedimentary records over the
Neogene period (0-23.03 Myr) in the new geological time
scale (GTS2004) adopted by the International Comission
of Stratigraphy (ICS) and the International Union of
Geological Sciences (IUGS).

It is the first time that an astronomical solution has
been used to establish the ICS geological chronology over
a full geological period. For details see:

http://www.imcce.fr/Equipes/ASD/insola/earth/earth.html

That web site now has a link that allows putting parameters
in and getting calculations back over extended time
periods. I ran it on the period from 20 million years ago
to 20 million years into the future and got the following
graph. The 405,000 year cycle is easily visbile as the
closely spaces peaks. Also visible are is an envelope of
these peaks that rises and falls every 5 or 6 peaks and
averages 2.2 million years.

That is curious, because I was trying to find out whether
the known 1.11 million year Jupiter-Neptune energy
exchange cycle also showed up in the Earth's orbital
parameters. These two cycles of 1.1 million years and
2.2 million years are linkages from the longer geological
cycle periods down to the shorter and more often studied
solar system periods.

There is a 1.1 million year period in the Earth's magnetic
field reversals as well as an ~9 million year period. We
have the series of frequency doublings:  ~8.9 million --
4.44 million -- 2.22 million -- 1.11 million years. I
believe that I can fully explain the Earth's magnetic field
reversals if I can get the right orbital parameters over
long periods of time.

--------------

Nearby galaxies show distance quanta of 168 KLY, 415 KLY
and around

Posted by: "Ray Tomes" r...@tomes.biz rjtomes

Date: Tue Dec 1, 2009 8:27 pm ((PST))

Using Kotov's method of looking for commensurabilities
between a set of values, I examined the distances between
the nearest 110 galaxies (source wikipedia) and found that
there are significant peaks at around 167,800 light years,
414,700 light years and a pair at 2.19 and 2.58 million
light years. What this means is that galaxies tend to
favour being at distances which are fractions and multiples
of these distances.

The smaller distance which I have previously identified as
about 185,000 light years represents the distance of the
Magellanic clouds from the Milky way and of the hanger on
galaxies from Andromeda. Other small galaxies like to be
multiples of this distance from larger galaxies. It is a
type of "bond length" for small galaxies.

The larger step of 2.19 million years I had previously
identified as 2.22 million light years. It represents the
distance between nearby pairs of large spiral galaxies. The
extra peak at 2.58 MLY seems to be because Andromeda is
a bit off and has a lot of associated small galaxies.

The 414,700 LY distance is not a particluarly obvious
distance in terms of my previous understanding, but is
a prominent peak.  However the fascinating thing is the
comparison of variations in the Earth's insolation which
has periods of 405,000 years and 2.2 million years with
these distances of 415,000 LY and 2.2 MLY.  Once again
we see that standing waves are indicated with these
wavelengths and periods. Both the wavelength in light
years and the periods in years are detected locally.

Other examples of this phenomena are:

1. The megawalls of galaxies at ~586 million light years
matching geological cycle of 586 million years (also 293,
146, 73, 36.5 MY).

2. Local stars favouring distances from each other of 4.44,
5.9, 7.15, 8.9, 9.6, 11.8 light years and common cycles
on earth having the same periods in years.

3. The planets forming two groups with distances being the
nodes of 160, 80, 6 and 3 light minute waves, and the Sun
having oscillations of 160 and 5-6 minutes.