Rick sez:

> I can't wait until the detection threshold comes down - like to the level of
> moons around these big planets. Bet that's where the action is as long as
> the system is in the liquid water zone.

I agree with this hypothesis. I've always felt that a lot of the real
action could very well reside within large moons capable of holding on
to atmospheres as they orbited large gas giants that in turn were
orbiting within a star's water zone.

I have in fact painted similar scenarios for decades, such as in my
recent "hyped-up" Avatar-like illustration I created back in 1979,
thirty years ago.

http://orionworks.com/artgal/svj/path_m.htm

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson