On 12/28/2009 02:25 PM, Esa Ruoho wrote:
> (from overunity.com <http://overunity.com> - from peswiki)
>
> The following is from Peswiki about the JLN replication:
>
> Feedback from Steorn
> On December 28, 2009 1:39 AM Mountain, Sean McCarthy, CEO of Steorn
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for that - however I must urge some caution here, what
> Jean-Louis will find is that all of his electrical input is being
> output as heat and that the work done by the rotor is free. However
> this does not mean that simply putting in a generator will enable him
> to close the loop.
>
> The reason is that the design of the 'active' coils is very important
> so that the input uses minimum current to cause the effect in question
> - the production of heat is a current^2 relationship. Unless this fact
> is considered in the design of the input, then while the system may be
> more than 100% efficient, the work done by the rotor will be less than
> the energy input into the system, and so a closed loop system will not
> be possible.

IOW if you're putting in 100 watts of energy, getting out 100 watts of
heat, and doing 10 watts of mechanical work, you are at 110% of unity
but you sure can't close the loop.

The trouble is, Sean has claimed that the system is actually at 300% of
unity, which implies that for 100 watts in, he's getting out 100 watts
of heat *and* 200 watts of mechanical energy (i.e., twice as much
mechanical energy out as total energy in).  The above statement doesn't
seem to jibe with this.

In fact this sounds a lot like their claims that a very very low
friction bearing is needed in order to show the effect, which also
doesn't fit with the claim that they're getting out 300% of what they're
putting in.

Does anyone have any idea where their "3x unity" claim came from?  (I
mean, it comes from Sean on video, of course; the question is, rather,
where that number was before Sean said it.)  From where I'm sitting it
looks like Sean just pulled it out of the air, since there are no
measurements to back it up and some of his other statements seem to
contradict it.