>From Mr. Lawrence:

> Oh, and I don't believe there will ever be a "revelation".
> The punch line will forever be delayed, and the results
> will remain ambiguous. Sean will continue to go along
> pretending he's shown things that he hasn't in an effort
> to keep the True Believers bringing in cash, and in an
> effort to prevent the folks he's burned from realizing
> it was a scam and forming a lynch mob.

I'm still one of those naive individuals who is not completely,
totally, absolutely, 100% convinced that Steorn is a con operation.
I'm more inclined to speculate that Steorn may have simply fooled
themselves - i.e.: wishful thinking & believing. Nevertheless, I fully
admit the possibility that I could be wrong, dead wrong.

Regardless of my own waffling I continue to admire both Terry and
Stephen's efforts as they have tried to clarify what many claim is an
obfuscation of the facts from carefully controlled demonstrations on
Steorn's behalf. Both Terry and Stephen have given me much to think
about.

At present, I suspect the main reason I'm unwilling to believe it's a
con job is that I can't comprehend what Steorn would expect to get
from masterminding such an operation. I seem to be getting the
impression that both Terry and Stephen are also having difficulty in
trying to figure out what Steorn's motivations might be as well.
What's the pay off.

Running a deliberate con just doesn't make any sense to me. It also
raises my hackles in the Occam's Razor department. If what they are
doing is knowingly diversionary, a deliberate con job, isn't that
eventual grounds for criminal action against them?

I'm reminded of Deep Throat's advice: "Follow the money." And since we
are trying to follow where the money might be coming from it seems to
me that only the "true believers" who stand to be conned out of their
money would be companies & corporations who end up purchasing licenses
in the hopes of building their own energizer bunny. For the most part,
the admiring and true-believing public are not in a position of being
fleeced.

Call me naive, but I'm still under the impression that Steorn hopes
that their "spinny thing" will eventually pan out. I'm more inclined
to speculate that Stoern continues to envision becoming filthy rich
from taking a tiny slice of all the profits from the licenses they
hope to sell.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com