----- Original Message ----

yes

> said that the orbo generated more heat than its
> electrical energy consumption.
> If it's a high COP (>2) heat pump it
> can be quite useful for heating purposes, although totally useless for
> electrical power generation as we discussed a few years back ("loop
> closed?" thread).
>
> It being a heat pump would imply that the surrounding air gets cooler
> of course. It would also imply that if the device with its surrounding
> air is enclosed in a calorimeter it will not be found to be overunity!
>
> Michel

If orbo were extracting heat from the air then part of the orbo would become
hotter than the surrounding air, but for that to happen wouldn't part of the
orbo have to be cooler than the surrounding air? It would be analogous to
running a household refrigerator with the door left wide open.

Harry

> 2010/1/24 Harry Veeder :
> > Orbo discussed as a heat pump:
> >
> > http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=62574&page=1#Item_0
> >
> > Harry

> > Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca