Michel Jullian wrote:

Jed, I see you use Gmail, have you checked the number of emails in
your spam folder?

Maybe 5 per day. I don't check often. I have only found real mail there are few times. I would say spam has gone from being Very Annoying to being a minor problem you have to deal with once a week (to check to see if there are any real messages).

I have seen only a few spam messages get through Gmail's filter.

Mine contains more than 1400 spams . . .

Goodness! That's a lot.

I changed my e-mail address on the front page of LENR-CANR.org to read:

"JedRothwell at-sign gmail.com"

That may have reduced automatic harvesting of the name.

. . . so maybe it would be more accurate to say that spam is less problematic because big email providers do a better job at blocking them.

That seems tantamount to saying the problem is fixed. Who cares how many end up in the spam filter?