2010/1/25 Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>:
> By the way, I think Bill Gates (2004) was right and spam has been largely
> eliminated.

Jed, I see you use Gmail, have you checked the number of emails in
your spam folder? (the spams you have received in the last month if
you haven't deleted them manually). Mine contains more than 1400
spams, so maybe it would be more accurate to say that spam is less
problematic because big email providers do a better job at blocking
them.

Not such a good job BTW. While checking my SPAM folder I found 3
Vortex posts in it, all 3 from Robin (mixent, why mixent BTW Robin?).
I just marked them as non-spam but I, and maybe others, may have lost
other posts this way. Could other Vortexians who also use Gmail check
their Spam folders for such posts? E.g. in your search box, type:

in:spam Vo

I am curious to know if it happened to them too.

Michel