http://www.bolenreport.com/feature_articles/feature_article088.htm

Wikipedia Doesn't Like Me ...

Opinion by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010

Wikipedia's General Counsel, Mike Godwin, is sending me nasty emails.
Apparently he doesn't like me telling people how bad Wikipedia
actually is, and he definitely doesn't want me telling you what to do
about it - when it effects you personally.  He actually, the other
day, said I "was trying to destroy Wikipedia..."

Stand back while I turn down my testosterone levels.

Even though, in some ways, it feels good to have some people think I'm
that kind of powerful, I can't really claim credit for what's
happening to Wikipedia. The whole world is beginning to realize that
Wikipedia is being run by the social equivalent of a pimply twelve
year old.

Wikipedia is coming apart.  What I'm offering is a remedy for its
victims.  How?  I'm telling people how to sue Wikipedians in the
Courts to stop them from victimizing others.  I've got the formula to
beat them (and I'll tell what that is further into the article) - and
Mike Godwin doesn't want me to talk about it.  He says:

"Thank you providing evidence of intent to engage in strategic
litigation aimed at shutting down Wikipedia."

Yup, he really said that.  Let me adjust that testosterone knob one more time.

Mike, I don't need to destroy Wikipedia.  It is doing that to itself.
I'm actually trying to help you guys, but you're not listening.  The
WHOLE WORLD is trying to help you, and you are not listening.  You
need to make some changes - and here's why...

Critics like Oliver Kamm of the London Times said in his November 25,
2009 article:

"The persistent decline in the number of Wikipedia editors may signal
the end of the dominance of a remarkable online resource. It cannot
happen too soon. Wikipedia is routinely cited in online articles as a
substitute for explanations of concepts, events and people. It has
thereby coarsened public culture. It is an anti-intellectual venture
to its core.

<more>