Hi,
[snip]
>Jones,
>            The large spheres outside the cavity are monatomic hydrogen which
> occasionally collides to form h2 and give off a red photon,

I thought it was a well recognized fact that monatomic Hydrogen only combines to
molecular Hydrogen in three body collisions? (I.e. not through emission of a
photon). That's why the Langmuir atomic Hydrogen torch works. If recombination
by emission of a photon were possible, then the atomic Hydrogen formed in the
arc would recombine long before it reached the work piece, and the whole concept
would be useless (i.e. one might just as well use an arc welder).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html