----- Original Message ----
> From: Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com>
> To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Sent: Wed, March 17, 2010 1:03:13 PM
> Subject: Re: [Vo]:add on: OU demonstrated ( with no secrets)

On 03/17/2010 12:26 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
> Maybe he thinks it
> is obvious that the energy stored in the capacitor
> has (or will?) exceed
> the energy stored in the battery.

HAH!

The battery
> obviously masses more than the caps. (Just look at the
relative sizes, and
> consider for a moment typical battery and
> capacitor
densities.)

Chemical storage is denser than electrostatic
> storage, by a *lot*, when
we're talking about technology currently available
> at your local Radio
Shack. (Nanoparticle hypercapacitors which can't quite be
> purchased yet
notwithstanding.)

Ergo, the energy stored in those caps
> is not going to exceed the energy
stored in that battery -- in fact, it's not
> going to be more than a
small fraction of the energy stored in that battery,
> even if he charges
them up past their breakdown voltage and shows them
> belching out clouds
of smoke on the next video.

> Harry

OK. I am just trying to understand what circumstances a voltage
measurement by itself would be sufficient to prove OU.

Harry

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca