>From Mr. Lawrence

> For example, if we dig a spherical chamber in the center
> of a planet, there will be *no* gravitational "field"
> within that chamber caused by the mass of the planet.
> However, the gravitational potential is lower in that
> chamber than it is on the surface, and clocks in the
> chamber will run SLOWER than clocks on the surface.

...SLOWER than clocks on the surface ???

You sure about that???

What have precise atomic clocks revealed when positioned within the
deepest mine shafts of our own planet. Do they run faster or slower
than atomic clocks positioned at sea-level, where the effects of
gravity should in theory be greatest.

Can someone refresh my memory about the precise time measurements
conducted with atomic clocks positioned at different elevations on the
surface of Earth. Weren't the clocks positioned at the highest
elevations (mountains), where the effects of gravity were slightly
less, experiencing the passage of time more quickly that their
siblings positioned closer to sea-level, where gravity is slightly
stronger? ...or have I got it switched around.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks