Jed,

Regarding quote from John Fisher’s letter to DR Rossi below I would encourage
both Fisher and Rossi

To consider Casimir effect on the hydrogen. Increasing the pressure would push
the atoms into tighter confinement

Changing the distance between the grains of nickel powder and therefore
changing the Casimir force / fractional orbit

of the atom. My posit is that diatomic hydrogen opposes change to a fractional
orbits but disassociated atoms translate freely. Rossi’s change in pressure
will move fractional atoms freely but will be opposed by fractional diatoms in
a Casimir field.

Best Regards

Fran

[quote]Flow of heat in nickel powder permeated by hydrogen is carried from

particle to particle largely by hydrogen molecules across the gaps between

particles. Direct flow via metal-to-metal contact is small owing to the

small areas of contact. If the space between particles is shorter than the

hydrogen mean free path, thermal conductivity of the powder is roughly

proportional to pressure. When pressure is increased thermal conductivity is

increased, and energy flows more rapidly out of the nickel powder to the

calorimeter. By continually adjusting the pressure, the power to the

calorimeter can be stabilized and held constant for a period of time until

the energy initially present in the powder has been depleted.

   It is understandable that you could come to believe that hydrogen

pressure was responsible for increasing the rate of a nuclear reaction; that

output energy to the calorimeter was equal in magnitude to the nuclear

energy being generated; and that in consequence startup energy could be

neglected when making an energy balance. However I believe that you are

mistaken in this belief, and that output energy is simply withdrawal of

startup energy. [/quote]