Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:

> does. Ask him! He is not shy about speculating or accusing people.

I did ask him.

Have you personally asked him that question?

I haven't asked him anything lately. He told me he has added my e-mail address to his kill file, and unsubscribed to Vortex, so I have no convenient way to communicate with him.

Please point me to any published article where Krivit has made such an official accusation.

<http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2010/ColdFusionClaimsQuestioned.shtml>http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2010/ColdFusionClaimsQuestioned.shtml

QUOTES:

"We published Issue 34 of New Energy Times on Jan. 31. In it, we reveal how scientists at SRI International and MIT, claiming evidence for the theory of "cold fusion," have misled the public, their peers, the Department of Energy and the reviewers of the 2004 DoE LENR review. . . .

Contrary to what the public has heard and believed, the purported best evidence for the theory of low-energy nuclear reactions as a "cold fusion" reaction, specifically the highly promoted claim of ~24 MeV/4He, does not exist. . . .

The subgroup misled the public into believing that excess heat and non-energetic helium-4 were the only confirmed evidence for LENR. . . ." [By the way, this is preposterous. Heat and tritium are confirmed evidence for LENR.]

Definition of "mislead": "To lead into error of thought or action, especially by intentionally deceiving. See synonyms at deceive." (American Heritage dictionary)

Definition of "purported": "1. To have or present the often false appearance of being or intending; profess: selfish behavior that purports to be altruistic. 2. To have the intention of doing; purpose." (American Heritage dictionary -- I am sure Krivit meant definition #1.)

As I said, changing numbers by a factor of ten or not informing EPRI that you have re-evaluated your data would not be mistakes or experimental errors. Those are deliberate acts.

Look, Krivit is not being indirect or shy about making accusations. You do him a disservice by not taking his words at face value. He sincerely believes that McKubre and others are conspiring to deceive the public and make people think that helium is a product of cold fusion when it is not, and also to suppress the Windom-Larsen theory. That's what Krivit says, and that is what he means. He has a right to hold that opinion and post it on his website. It's a free country. Heck, if I agreed with his analysis, I might write a paper with the same accusations and upload it to LENR-CANR. I uploaded a paper pointing out what I consider weaknesses in Arata's work. That upset Arata to no end! I did not hesitate to upload Mallove's accusations that the MIT work is fraudulent. Anyone can see that is what I pointed out in the graphs published by Miles (<http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMisoperibol.pdf>http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMisoperibol.pdf p. 23).

There is nothing wrong with criticizing people or accusing them of fraud if you sincerely believe what you say. I am sure Krivit believes what he says. I told him I think he is wrong. I gave him detailed reasons why I think so. Evidently he did not agree with me. That's all there is to it. No big deal, really. Krivit is one of thousands of people who attack cold fusion for nonsensical reasons. Several cold fusion researchers such as Arata attack one another for equally nonsensical reasons.

As a group people attacking cold fusion do a lot of damage, but each individual does little harm. Even the most powerful members of the peanut gallery, such as Robert Park or the anonymous nitwits at Wikipedia have little influence over society. If Robert Park were to stop attacking cold fusion today, it would have little influence over events. It might have a large impact if he were to publicly admit he was wrong, and publish that in the Washington Post. But there is no chance he would ever do that. He is a political animal with a large ego invested in his opinions. He is far out on a limb, and he knows it. Such people sometimes shut up and go away, but they never admit they are wrong.

(If one of the Wikipedia nitwits were to read papers or change his mind it would have no influence because the others would quickly throw him out.)