Hi,
[snip]
>Well, they never signed the treaty so technically they are not obligated. I
>don't see how they would have anything to lose by testing above ground. It
>is hard to imagine they would alienate the rest of the world any more than
>they have already. Perhaps China told them not to.
[snip]
When you run the test above ground, you poison the environment. If you are doing
it in your own backyard, as NK is more or less obliged to do (not having access
to any alternative sites), then you would be poisoning yourself by doing it
above ground.

That's what I meant by enlightened self interest.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html