From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:30 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:D/H ratio

-----Original Message-----
From: mix...@bigpond.com

Is it possible that there is an unknown CF mechanism at work in the universe
creating extra D? ;)

Such a mechanism would have to be "unknown" since according to Wiki there is
no known ongoing mechanism to create deuterium, and the amount we see all
comes from initial condition. What did you have in mind for this mechanism?

In the "unknown category" there is speculation, and one mechanism for
creation involves dark matter. I have a minority perspective on this too,
which I will include at the end, but it is not exactly an ongoing mechanism.

To paraphrase Wiki: Deuterium is unlike helium-4 which is very stable and
constantly increasing, whereas deuterium is marginally stable and easy to...