Hi,
[snip]
>Terry Blanton wrote:
>
>>BLP's direct energy conversion basis (thanks MC!):
>>
>>. . .
>>
>>http://www.blacklightpower.com/pdf/EngineeringPresentation.pdf
>
>This document, "Blacklight Power Engineering Presentation," March
>2010, describes three different systems that appear to be under
>development. Terry asks:
>
>>80% efficient including hydrolysis.  Why bother with a thermal cycle at all?
>
>That's my question. Are they developing the first 2 in case #3 does
>not work?
[snip]
In the MotivePower document they state that the closest relative to CIHT is the
fuel cell. That's precisely what I predicted on the SCQM forum.
I think CIHT is currently just a concept, whereas the thermal systems already
have some experimental support.

As to CIHT, note that when Hydrinos are formed they frequently produce very
strongly ionized catalyst atoms. It shouldn't be too difficult to conceive of a
system where the catalyst atom forms the cathode of a cell, such that upon being
ionized it then becomes neutralized by incoming electrons from the external
circuit. Thereafter it can be re-ionized during formation of another Hydrino.
IOW the catalyst cycles back and forth between ionized and neutral, with
Hydrogen the only input, and electric current and Hydrinos the only output.

Possible problems:

The Hydrinos will capture electrons forming negative ions that will bind to just
about anything. This may just result in a neutral "salt" and not cause a
problem, or the "salt" may end up forming an insulating layer on surfaces where
it isn't wanted, eventually putting an end to the useful life of the cell.

The Hydrino Hydride may migrate to the anode where it needs to be oxidized, and
this will subtract from the cell voltage, or some other negative ion may carry
the charge (e.g. OH-), which would be trivially easy to oxidize, and barely
affect the voltage. My guess is that the easiest particle to oxidize will carry
the most current, precisely because it's the easiest to oxidize. That means that
the Hydrino Hydride will gum up the anode.
Even so, this could still result in a "one time" battery with a very high energy
density.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html