I wrote:

> 2. However, he says it is not a demonstration, but rather: "It is to supply
> data for a way to place the technology into public domain so that it could
> not be blocked in the future."
>
> I find that a little mystifying because this can easily be done without
> performing an experiment. You need only publish the data.

I mean, you need only publish the *design*. You do not need data. The design
does not actually have to work, and you do not need to prove that it does.

Publishing prevents other people from patenting it. It becomes "prior art."
I gather you have one year after publishing to apply for a patent. (You, the
author, have 1 year. Other people can never apply.)