http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/10/17/negroponte.ebooks/index.html?h
> pt=T2
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2g3va47

I was initially scandalized by this prediction. However, the more I thought
about the ramifications I realized that from an artistic POV it could be
advantageous for many authors & illustrators. Printed books will never go
away totally. It simply means that vast majority of transitory "pulp"
publications books, editions that have limited shelf life, and
read-once-and-throw-away-novels will no longer be printed in physical paper
format. Makes no economic sense to do so anyway.

What could shake out in the aftermath of this process might be a rebirth, a
thriving market for hand-made special editions like, art books. They could
take the form of small limited edition print runs, or even one-of-a-kind
works of art. Such creations won't come cheap. And there will be customers
who will pay for them.

Certainly, writers/illustrators would find it in their best interest to
continue producing popular low-cost electronic editions for readers like the
Kindle, iPad, and successive progeny. The same writers and illustrators
could however also manually produce unique one-of-a-kind editions,
commissioned by the rich and famous who are willing to pay for the privilege
of possessing in their hands an original manually produced physical copy.

I'd like to order mine in a scroll, please! ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks