At 03:40 PM 10/29/2010, Terry Blanton wrote:
Obit:

VALENTINA LEBID, 82, beloved wife of Ivan (deceased); loving mother of Lilia (deceased), Nadia Barthol (Herbert, deceased), Nicolas (Colleen) and Sergio (Lucya); dear grandmother of Herbert, Phillip (deceased), Nicole, Andreas, David, Dimitri, Nicolas and Adrian, and great grandmother of Kiley and Brendan. Funeral Services, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2007 at 9:30 a.m. at the funeral home and at 10 a.m. at St. Theodosius Orthodox Cathedral. Interment St. Theodosius Cemetery. Family will receive friends at THE YURCH FUNERAL HOME, 5618 BROADVIEW RD., PARMA, OH (BETWEEN SNOW AND BROOK-PARK) WEDNESDAY 2-4 AND 7-9 P.M. PANIHIDA SERVICE WEDNESDAY 8:30 P.M. <http://www.cleveland.com/obits>www.cleveland.com/obits

Confirmed. That's what it says.

Slaps head! Of course. Phillip was the nephew of Sergio. I don't know where I got the idea this was a brother. Goes to show.

This is confirmation of the relationship. Phillip died, as I recall, in 2004, and is listed as deceased in 2007. Colleen is in parenthesis because she is the wife of Nicolas.

So, one oddity confirmed, Mark LeClair's report was accurate. Sergio Lebid's nephew was a Secret Service agent who died saving a bus full of kids. A hero.

How many oddities to go?