I agree  with  Bernard's Thought experiment but Nick seems to be hung up on
just the Casimir force being exploitable - Nick is overlooking the importance
of the gas atoms themselves.  Garret Moddel published  a paper ,Assessment of
proposed electromagnetic quantum vacuum energy extraction methods,
http://ecee.colorado.edu/
7Emoddel/QEL/Papers/Moddel_VacExtracV1.pdf<http://ecee.colorado.edu/%207Emoddel/QEL/Papers/Moddel_VacExtracV1.pdf>
Which casts doubt on 2 of the 3 classes of proposed methods to extract energy
but finds the migration of monatomic gas inside a
Permanent Casimir field, the 3rd class, a workable solution. I view these
cavities as a tapestry of different energy densities confined together at the
nano scale. You have Gas atoms inside these cavities constantly driven into
random motion by HUP - these atoms translate to different quiescent energy
densities established by the local Casimir geometry. The heat anomalies of
Arata, Mills and other researchers indicate this is already enough to produce
an effect even without the circulation proposed by Haisch and Moddel.
The circulation was first proposed by William Lyne for an Atomic Furnace and
probably would have helped if it had been adopted by Moller  and Naudin in the
MAHG device - Note H-M are proposing Casimir Lamb Pinch while Lyne and Moller
an oscillation between bond states of gas atoms with change in energy density
which are wholly different scales but both exploit the change in Casimir
geometry relative to the random motion of gas atoms. I think that even if the
Casimir Lamb Pinch fails to achieve the efficiency to exploit the process their
prototype is still better conceived to exploit the method suggested by Lyne and
Moller - The gas is circulated between Casimir and Non Casimir cells forcing a
maximum translation/space, spreads out the reaction to avoid melt down and the
need to regenerate like the Rayney Nickel of Rowan Confirmation fame - It also
allows for better reactant controls to mix with inert gas, vary circulation
speed and greater surface area to couple the heat awa!
 y.