>From Jones

> Thanks to google books, we have access to old issues of New Scientist
> from 1981. On p. 205-6 there is clear indication that we have known for
> nearly 30 years that hydrogen condensation can happen at cryogenic
> temperatures - i.e. that monatomic hydrogen is a composite boson
> independent of the molecular state - which has very unusual properties
> as a condensate.

Holy crap! Monatomic hydrogen is a composite boson? I didn't know that.
Interesting. Wonder where that could lead, especially if under the right
conditions dancing gobs of bosonic monoatomic hydrogen could be finessed
back into fermion-like states.

Ka-boom???? Enuf "boom" to heat a pot of tea?

> I never liked Ockham much anyway. Science usually matures to be
> far more complex than it seemed before - kinda like the fractal
> that keeps unfolding. Once you find the proper way to look for
> underlying simplicity, invariably you find layers of ingrained
> complexity instead.

It's sure to keep the philosophers employed. Didn't Douglas Adams already
address this matter... something about "42".

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks