-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell

Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

> That, also, makes it seem a little surprising that the joule heater
> continues to be used *after* "ignition".  It's contributing just 4% of
> the total heat; you'd think they could just shut it off after the
> thing starts up.
>
> Of course, the reacting surface area may be large enough that it stays
> cooler than the heater, and perhaps the intense heat near the heater
> wire has something to do with the reason they continue to use it after
> "ignition".

That is my guess. I think the AC heater wire is hotter than the active
material.

As I said, it is my understanding that heat and hydrogen pressure are
the two control factors. I do not know how they work. I don't know which
knob you twist to make the thing go.

Rossi said that removing the AC heat completely is dangerous. That give
me the willies. If the external electricity cuts off, will the machine
overheat? Or if it is built in a self sustaining device and the
generator fails, will it overheat or go out of control? It would be nice
if the heat triggered the reaction, and removing the heat simply
quenched it, but based on Rossi's comment that is is "dangerous" to run
without the auxiliary heat, that is not the case.

Who knows what to make of it! Rossi is hiding many details.