On 01/21/2011 11:13 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
> I have done a ballpark analysis of the "hidden chemical fuel" scenario
> for Rossi's one-hour test. I have looked at the water heater
> specifications in my house and also a tabletop butane cook stove. I
> conclude that chemical fuel cannot be the source of this heat, for a
> number of reasons. To summarize:
>
> The device is too small to hold the fuel.
> There are no air holes in the device.

Jed, you apparently didn't read the message I sent on this in response
to one of your earlier posts.

Thermite provides sufficient energy density, consumes no air, and
produces only solid ash.

Here's what I said, repeated:

Some time in the last couple days, you asked me for a scenario under
which Rossi could have faked it without the cooperation of anybody else
present, and I came up dry....  but later, I observed to a friend that
Rossi couldn't have faked it without help from the U of B staff, and tje
friend's response was, "Sure he could."

With the dual assumptions that

    * Only Rossi ever got to look inside the reactor

    * There have been no demonstrations lasting significantly longer
      than half an hour (unsubstantiated rumors of extremely long runs
      aside -- rumors are cheap)