On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And a good way to measure car speed is with a speedometer. But if someone
>> claims have driven 250 mph in a chevy Volt, I'm gonna suspect the honesty
>> first, and the speedometer second.
>>

> If you suspect that Levi and the others at U. Bologna are not honest, then
> nothing they say or do will convince you. You will conclude that they are
> conspiring to fool the world temporarily and destroy their own reputations,
> for some inexplicable reason.

Wrong. An open demonstration of a benchtop device, to which scientists who
are on record as skeptical are permitted, that puts out 10 kW thermal power
with no electrical or chemical input for a few consecutive days would
convince me they have a new source of energy.

If it's a nuclear effect, it should not be that hard to be convincing. But
this demo has so many holes, it's truly amazing that anyone is defending it.
Then again, if you don't know that steam can be heated above 100C,
anything's possible.