From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:26 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Rossi's Nickel

Dennis,

There are so many inconsistencies with what Rossi has said, compared to what is
mentioned in the
patent, that it is hard to give the patent much credence... especially since it
is poorly drafted to
begin with. I look at it as a smoke-screen as much as anything.

One thing is fairly clear however, and it may indicate that you have hit on a
critical detail - that
a comparatively large amount of nano nickel might be a key to success.

AFAIK - no one in LENR has ever tried large amounts (kilograms?) of active
matrix material before,
even Mills, and a liter volume capacity tube will hold 5 kg of nickel (packed)
or perhaps 2 kg of
loose powder. Moreover, the
5 PLC controllers indicate that thermal control is of the highest importance to
this device; and a
large mass of active material would possibly make it easier to keep the
internal heat steady at a
threshold, so that only a small amount of differential heating is required.

Obviously no one could easily afford to purchase or use 2 kg of palladium in
nanopowder, but with
inactivated Raney from China costing about $150/kg or less if you buy more,
then this tactic (large
mass of material) becomes feasible.

Was that your thinking, or is there another advantage ?