From: "OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson" <svj.orionwo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 10:50 AM
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi on-line Q&A posted

Just another excellent opinion being express here... (MINE, of course!)

There seems to be much discussion about "tactics" and MOs... and,
sigh..., I think we miss the most important point of all.

Much of Rossi's predilections, warts and all, strike me as highly
altruistic in nature. Altruism is a rare human trait of the highest
order that can be bestowed on a human being.

Yes, I think that many (here) try to always look at the motivation of Rossi et al, as only being monetary gain. They then do not understand the actions of Rossi. There are many in this field that are motivated more by altruism and will gladly give their results and knowledge away. The problem, of course, is that the financial supporters often restrict the actions of the researchers. It is nice to know that Rossi does not seem to be restricted in that way.