A hypothetical conversation in room C1:

* * * *

AUDIENCE PARTICIPANT: Dr. Park, what are your thoughts on Rossi's
"Cold Fusion" device?

DR. PARK: There isn't much I can say on the subject.

AP: But... but... but why haven't you come out and exposed it for what
it is! The device is after all just another "cold fusion" contraption,
isn't it? Isn't it just another perfect example of voodoo science
praying on the naive minds of wishful thinkers?

DP: Actually, I wouldn't currently call this voodoo science. The
device is currently being independently tested at the physics
department of the University of Bologna, Italy, as we speak. But, yes,
I agree, the device is most certainly a fake. Nevertheless, it's
currently being scientifically investigated  ... in a scientific
manner.

AP: But, but, but Rossi's device is just another COLD FUSION device!
We all know COLD FUSION was dismissed back in 1989!

DP: Actually, it's my understanding that Rossi has never claimed that
their device is based on the principals of COLD FUSION. According to
Rossi the device generates heat as a result of what he calls not well
understood nuclear interactions. Hopefully, the physics department in
Bologna will be more revealing as to what those alleged little
understood nuclear interactions might be, or not be. Hopefully, they
will get to the bottom of what's REALLY going on here, particularly
what Rossi messed up on.

AP: But, Dr. Park, surely you have an informed opinion on the matter.
I find it absolutely bizarre that Rossi's device continues to remain
unexposed! How long will it take before it's exposed as just another
botched experiment, or perhaps even a scam.

DP: Every bone in my body is telling me the fact that this device
cannot be for real. It violates a century's worth of accumulated
quantum mechanical laws so badly that it's pathetic. Nevertheless, it
is currently being independently tested at a physics department. I
will defer expressing a public opinion on this dubious contraption
till AFTER Bologna publishes their findings... out of respect for a
physics department in their on-going efforts to reveal what's really
happening here.

AP: You don't sound very confident as to the capabilities of the
Bologna physics department.

DP: No comment.

* * * *

Regards