Steven - the simulation does not go there.

It is too complicated for me to say if the simulation is accurate or not. I
like it, and have not found anything obviously wrong with it yet. Everyone
interprets the shadows on Plato's cave in their own way....

If one doesn't mind admitting that he is, in effect, working backwards from
real results- (which is the case here) and that the goal is trying to explain
those anomalous results (of Rossi) in the most coherent way possible, then
Nyman's SIM is the one key missing ingredient which would make the H -> D
reaction feasible; and it is clear that this is the ideal reaction which best
fits the results.

... that does not indicate that it is correct - just that it could be the best
available choice to date (of many unlikely scenarios)

To continue the Sherlock imitation, and in going back over some old comments on
the blog, it seems Focardi said early-on that deuterium kills the Rossi
reaction. Now to my thinking, one way that he would know this is: if it had
been a recurring problem and that they had figured out a way to the purge of
deuterium periodically, as it accumulates.

There is not much rationale for every even trying the two isotopes together,
since D costs a million times more, and moreover - Focardi is a "hydrogen man"
(protium) all the way.

By that, I also mean since H works well on its own - no way do you waste time
with D, since it can never make commercial sense, even if it improves the
reaction rate by a large amount. Ergo, when someone mentions D at all in the
context of a Ni-H demonstration - then it is probably because deuterium has
been a recurring problem in the recent past! Get it? Or do you find that logic
too convoluted?