Again, I think you are really onto something here also!
did you read my comment from this morning?
(http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=473&cpage=3#comment-33413)

I really want to know where the elements of the electric resistive
heater are mounted. Does anyone have definitive info about that?
Could they even be in contact with the Nickel Powder/matrix?