Axil,
I agree about 5g in proportion, but the K&E report says:
"The central container seen in figure 3 has an estimated volume of 50 cm3
and it contains 50 grams of nickel."
I also thought about the powder density/porosity and chose a number close to
the full density of nickel metal, as i imagined those pores would/could be
filled with the hydrogen gas.
If I use your suggestion of 3g/cc then the amount of hydrogen at 25atm will
be 0.07g
and the pressure will increase in a similar way:
25.05 293 20
26.75 313 40
28.46 333 60
30.17 353 80