It is probable that neither Piantelli nor Rossi understand the exact nature
of the Ni-H reaction. In point of fact, neither do I.

The point of my post was to suggest that Rossi’s “secret catalyzer” is not a
secret element or a chemical compound but the production of ionized hydrogen
through the action of thermal radiation.

The heater inside the reaction vessel serves a duel purpose, the production
of heat as per the Rossi patent but also the production of hydrogen ions by
cathode action that Rossi has so far kept secret.

This ion production mechanism is the key to the Rossi process an it is what
really makes the Rossi reactor work so well.