Control of the Rossi reaction is a complicated thing.

The energy density pumping mechanism you site may be only one mechanism of
many that play into the complicated interplay of many factors in which the
Cat-E might be controlled.

Rossi’s revelation that the “secret catalyst” makes the Rossi reaction “go”
is an argument against your theory being the sole or even the primary
controlling factor. He states that without this secret element, nickel
powder does not produce a sustained reaction.

But he also says that the Reaction can continue without the application of
external stimulus being applied. This is where the mechanism you site might
come into play. I also think this is a mode that Rossi does not want the
Cat-E reaction to enter.

I think the “secret catalyst” is a spillover catalyst that turns H2 into H-
and forces this H-into the crystal lattice of the nickel powder. In the
beginning, this might have been only a “startup” mechanism.

But the reactor melted down more than he would have liked where once is too
much.

I believe that Rossi had to somehow disable energy density pumping to
positively control his reactor the way that he wants to.

If energy density pumping is full blown, the reactor may sometimes enter an
uncontrolled mode where it takes off on its own nickel (pun intended) and
melts down.

As an engineering imperative, I have a feeling that Rossi decided to
centralize control of the reactor in the control box where he can adjust or
shut off control power as required.

He calls his Cat-E reactor an energy amplifier because the small amount of
energy used to control the Cat-E is amplified greatly in the power output of
the reactor.

* *